2020 YOUTH FUNDRAISER
Friday, July 17 - 7:30 pm
Saturday, July 18 - 7:30 pm
Sunday, July 19 - 2:00 pm
Thursday, July 23 - 7:30 pm
Friday, July 24 - 7:30 pm
Saturday, July 25 - 7:30 pm
Proceeds benefit the Barn Playhouse Capital Improvement Fund.
Music by Matthew Sklar
Lyrics by Chad Beguelin
Based on the New Line Cinema film written by Tim Herlihy
THE WEDDING SINGER is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-541-4684 Fax: 212-397-4684 www.MTIshows.com
"As they said in the '80's, this show is awesome... as colorful, sweet, and tasty as a jar of Ronald Reagan's jellybeans."
Based on the hit Adam Sandler movie, The Wedding Singer's score does for the '80s what Hairspray did for the '60s. It's 1985, and rock star wannabe, Robbie Hart, is New Jersey's favorite wedding singer. He's the life of the party until his own fiancée leaves him at the altar. Shot through the heart, Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. Enter Julia, a winsome waitress who wins his affection. As luck would have it, Julia is about to be married to a Wall Street shark, and, unless Robbie can pull off the performance of a decade, the girl of his dreams will be gone forever.
Sunday, March 29 - 7:00 pm
Monday, March 30 - 7:00 pm
Callbacks - Wednesday, April 1 - 7:00 pm
Reformed Church of the Ascencion
1700 W. Main Street
Norristown, PA 19403
Contact director Amy Venkus at email@example.com for questions.
Youth production - suggested age range of 12-18.
• Prepare 32 bars from a BROADWAY song (from a musical 1985 – present day) A song from the show is encouraged, but not required.
• An accompanist will be provided. If your song is not from the show, you MUST have the sheet music with you. In paper form, digital sheet music is NOT accepted. Recorded music and/or a cappella singing will NOT be allowed.
• Individual vocal auditions will occur first. Those auditioning will then be asked to do a short dance audition. Some individuals may be asked to do readings from the script.
• Dress comfortably and come prepared to dance. You WILL be dancing.
• Prior to your audition, please print and complete the Audition form.
Click the PDF Link for more audition information.
Director: Amy Venkus
Music Director: Robert Stoop