Friday, April 24 - 8:00 pm
Saturday, April 25 - 8:00 pm
Friday, May 1 - 8:00 pm*
Saturday, May 2 - 8:00 pm
Sunday, May 3 - 2:00 pm
Friday, May 8 - 8:00 pm
Saturday, May 9 - 8:00 pm
*Talk back session after performance.
Music by Jeanine Tesori
Book and Lyrics by David Lindsay-Abaire
Based on the DreamWorks Animation Motion Picture and the book by William Steig
SHREK THE MUSICAL is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-541-4684 Fax: 212-397-4684 www.MTIshows.com
"It looks like a big, fat hit."
– USA Today
"Once upon a time, there was a little ogre named Shrek...." And thus begins the tale of an unlikely hero who finds himself on a life-changing journey alongside a wisecracking Donkey and a feisty princess who resists her rescue. Throw in a short-tempered bad guy, a cookie with an attitude and over a dozen other fairy tale misfits, and you've got the kind of mess that calls for a real hero. Luckily, there's one on hand... and his name is Shrek.
Monday, December 9 - 7:00 pm
Wednesday, December 11 - 7:00 pm
Callback date: TBA
Reformed Church of the Ascencion
1700 W. Main Street
Norristown, PA 19403
Click the logo for directions.
- All roles are open!
- Doors will open at 6:30, the audition will begin promptly at 7pm, and the doors will close at 7:30pm
- Looking for a large cast (25+) of men and women, age 18+, for lead and supporting roles.
- Also casting younger performers for the characters of Young Shrek, Young Fiona and Teen Fiona.
- There are a LOT of supporting characters in this production. Actors cast in non-lead roles may be asked to perform multiple characters
- Prepare 16-24 bars of a song from the show or a Broadway song that highlights your voice and is in the same style as the show. If the audition selection is not from the show, please bring sheet music.
- A pianist will play the auditions. A cappella and recorded music will not be accepted - you must sing with the piano.
- Dress comfortably in shoes and clothes you can dance in as you will also perform a short dance audition. No sandals or flip-flops and no jeans. Character shoes or jazz shoes are a bonus but not required.
- Cold readings from the script will also be held.
- CLICK HERE for Character Descriptions
- Rehearsals will begin in early January 2020 on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays. All cast will not be called for every rehearsal - especially during January and early February. Rehearsals will be held at the sight of auditions until late March / early April and will then be held at the theater.
- No conflicts for any show date will be accepted. Tech week rehearsals (April 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23) are also mandatory for all cast and crew.
- Questions? Please contact the director, Tom Lamphere, at TLamphere@gmail.com.
Director: Tom Lamphere
Producer: John Henken
Music Director: Barbara Newberry
Choreographer: Meghan Chambers
Stage Manager - Gabrielle Cherelli
Costumes: Sandy Orwig
Set Design: Rusty Muglia
Master Carpenter: Bill Pross
Props: Maureen Scallatino
Light Design: Tom Lamphere, Tim Bean
Light Operator: Dean Soltes